💫 3 Stargazing Cabins | 👫 Sleep 2 | 🛌 1 Bedroom | 🚗 Parking | Open all year
From £130 per night, 2 night minimum stay
Endless views of the heavens. Sunsets from your deck. Deer outside your window. And an al fresco roll-top bath to soak it all up from. These three timber Devon glamping cabins in Honiton are sure to leave you starstruck.
Meet Orion, Ursa and Perseus, three timber cabins created to take you to the moon and back. How? For one, they have superstar interiors that you can hunker down in comfortably, closeted from the strain of planet earth. For another, they are set under vast Devon skies where every night a celestial show readies itself. But best of all, they give you a front row seat to the heavenly action thanks to the large stargazing windows built carefully into each cabin.
In Orion and Ursa, the large picture windows are fixed into the roof, like skylights; in Perseus the window sits at the end of your bed, spilling moonlight onto your toes as you sleep. All you have to do to enjoy the show, is climb into bed and wait. And to accompany your stargazing are books, binoculars, and maps of the constellations.
Of course, the cabins are divine during the daytime, too. Slotted into 15-acres of Devon farmland, near Honiton, in the village of Cotleigh, they are private and secluded offering lovely views over the Blackdown Hills.
Their enviable rural location means the local wildlife is never too far away; you can watch deer from your raised wooden deck in the morning and listen to buzzards call as they catch thermals over head. You can also wander over to see the pigs and sheep who call this friendly family smallholding home.
Inside all three cabins, you’ll find squishy king-sized beds; a modern kitchenette with hot running water; and a large modern shower room with compost toilet. All three cabins are solar power giving you enough juice to boil the kettle, charge your phone and keep the lights on.
Step outside and there’s a fabulous roll-top bath waiting for you, perched in a private corner of the deck, sheltered by timber screens. It’s the perfect spot to soak up a Devon sunset before heading back inside to catch a shooting star or two as you fall asleep.
- Three solar-powered Devon glamping cabins, sleeping 2 adults
- Well-equipped kitchenette with gas hob and fridge
- Fully insulated with a wood-burning stove
- Run by Poppy and Paul on their smallholding farm
- Usb charge point, radio, electric lights but no WiFi or TV (there is mobile reception)
- Shower room with hot running water, basin and compost toilet
- Parking nearby for one car; short walk across the fields to your cabin
- Wheelbarrow provided for transferring luggage
- Each cabin has a neat grassy area, complete with firepit, BBQ grill and equipment
- Delicious feasts and treats to buy, including homemade breakfast and dinners, firepit feast and local cheeseboard
- Easy base to explore the Jurassic Coast
- 10 mins’ drive in Honiton; 20 mins’ drive to Lyme Regis; 30 mins’ drive from Exeter
- Sorry no pets because of animals on the farm