Even for a non-beer lover, like me, Hillside Brewery is a wonderful place to put on your Weekend Wanderlist.
As well as producing a range of classic ales and a lager with fabulous names (Legless Cow, Over the Hill, Severn Surge), they run regular brewery tours and beer tasting. I went to their Ultimate Tour one Saturday and enjoyed every minute of it; so much so, I appreciate beers in a way I didn’t before!
Alongside, tours they also host brewing experience days, weddings, parties, and non-beer related activities, including archery tag and zorb football. There really is something for everyone to enjoy.
Plus, they’re set in beautiful countryside just 20 minutes outside of the historical city of Gloucester. Whether you’re a beer novice or an expert – you should definitely check them out.
- Ideal for beer novices and experts
- Most Saturdays there is a brewery tour, which you can also enjoy with lunch. (Pre-booking is essential.)
- Set in the beautiful Gloucestershire countryside
- Tours and experiences make the perfect gifts
- Weekend opening hours: Saturday 10.30 – 2pm