There are beautiful places to stay in Dorset, then there are Outbuildings. A collection of 4 luxury double rooms on family farm in Dorset that come with the sort of boutique credentials and concierge service that you’d expect from a top hotel.
What once were farm ‘outbuildings’ have been carefully restored over the years by the farm’s owners, Karen and Bill. In place of the storage spaces and barns now sit four self-catering rooms – The Sty, The Farrows, The Cider Room, The Pressing Room – built from the heart up by Karen and Bill to be rustic, yet cosmopolitan; cool, yet homely; private, yet welcoming.
Each room has its own character, features and furnishings – many of which have been curated from local vintage markets and antique shops or up-cycled by Karen. The resulting vibe is that all the rooms have real heart to them. Or, to be more precise, they’ve the personal touches of a family that cares about making this a truly special space for you to enjoy.
You’ll find Outbuildings on the beautiful Jurassic coast within striking distance of the market town of Bridport and the harbour of West Bay (famous for being the setting of ITV’s Broadchurch).
But its not just gorgeous rooms and a priceless location that makes the Outbuildings a unique place to stay in Dorset. It’s the added service that comes with the luxuries and thoughtful touches.
The owners are passionate about this part of Dorset and the unique experiences you can have whilst you’re, so they’ll happily build these into your stay for a bespoke break that you won’t forget in a hurry.
From arranging a discounted dinner or lunch for you at their favourite places to eat and drink, to arranging a romantic picnic experience in the farm orchard. From providing you with digital guides so you can discover hidden Dorset gems to deliver a homemade gin hamper to surprise your loved one, nothing is too much trouble.
Yes, Outbuildings is more than just place to stay in Dorset: it’s an experience.
- Winter Lie-in Experience now available (2-night VIP stay for two people, with a breakfast hamper, the Sunday papers, late check-out and free digital streaming). From £300. Free extra night if booked by end of Sept.
- Dog-friendly stays also available
- All rooms include luxury double beds, en-suites, fully equipped kitchens and log burning stoves
- Exclusive discount card for money-off on local places to eat and drink
- Homemade food hampers available to buy
- A short drive from Bridport and West Bay (famous for being the setting of ITV’s Broadchurch).