Built by hand out of reclaimed and up-cycled wood, The Roundhouse in Somerset is one place you’ll snuggle up in whatever the season – and never want to leave.
For one thing, this unique Somerset glamping spot has probably the most romantic four-poster bed in the region: handmade from ash coppiced from the owner’s farm woodland and draped in soft white fabric, with thick bedding to aid your dreams.
Then there’s a snug lipstick-red roll-top bath waiting in your ensuite bathroom, an open-plan interior (26′ in diameter) flooded with space and sunlight to enjoy, and a large wooden skylight in the roof, which pours the stars down on you on an evening.
Added to that is your own secluded garden to relax in (overlooking the quiet fields), a modest but well-equipped modern kitchen, and 40-acres of the owner’s biodynamic farm to explore, with friendly farm animals to meet and greet.
Should you need to stray from The Roundhouse, the Somerset countryside is right on your doorstep. In fact, this charming Somerset glamping retreat kisses the edge of the Eastern Mendip Hills near the picturesque villages of Stratton-on-the-Fosse and Kilmersdon; with Bath and Glastonbury only 12 miles away.
In a word, it’s heaven, all round.
- Set in the grounds of a 40-acre biodynamic Somerset farm
- Helen and Brock (the owners of The Roundhouse) live onsite with their two children and Mason, their friendly rescue dog
- Farm-fresh eggs, bacon and sausages can be purchased for your breakfast or your BBQ
- Compost WC
- Modern log burner to keep you warm, with a starter pack of (complimentary) firewood, kindling and firelighters included
- You’re free to meet the farm animals, including a small herd of Saddleback pigs, the flock of Jacob sheep, the herd of Jersey and Hereford cows, hens, geese and the adopted pony
- 3 night short breaks start from £250pn
- Save 20% this autumn on a 7 night stay – book by 31st August.
- Check in from 4pm on day of arrival and by 10am on day of departure (to ensure The Roundhouse can be deep cleaned to ensure guests’ safety).