From £80 per night | Perfect for Couples | No pets
When the sun shines on Dixie Airstream glamping near Lake Windermere, you’d better have your sunglasses ready. Her polished steel skin gleams, flashing brilliant silver like an all-American smile and, in an instant, you’re smitten.
Built in 1957 when Little Richard was rocking lives stateside and Eisenhower ruled the White House, Dixie offers a cosy escape for two adults only 2.5 miles from gorgeous Lake Windermere, between the pretty villages of Ings and Staveley.
Slick on the outside and sassy on the inside, open Dixie’s door and the bubblegum-chewing American good vibes roll out to meet you: brushed wooded work surfaces and storage areas mix with pretty pastel and white soft furnishings.
A diner-style living area waits for you to make yourself comfy on the white faux-leather sofa. And there’s a soft double bed piled with cushions with a glitterball turning softly above your head, just beyond the neat kitchenette.
The nearby pubs will keep you fed and watered because there are no cooking facilities inside the van; but there is a private bathroom and hot shower, parking on-site, WIFI, central heating and a small garden with a wooden deck so you can fire up the BBQ whenever the mood takes you. Hot dang.
- Situated in the grounds of an 18th Century house
- A short stroll from the local pubs – The Watermill Inn & Brewery at Ings, The Eagle and Child in Staveley or Hawkshead Brewery & Beer Hall in Staveley
- Bed linen, fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities are all provided
- Fresh running water, electricity and a plumbed-in loo
- Herdwick Cottages acts as an agent on behalf of the property owners