🛌 Sleep 2 | ✨ From £172pn | 🐶 Dog-friendly | 🌳 Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire
Why we love them for a weekend
For lovebirds who want to feel the wind beneath their wings and fly into the countryside for a weekend, The Roost luxury glamping cabins in the Forest of Dean are the perfect escape.
You’ll find these two gorgeous cedar-wood glamping cabins – The Nook and The Nest – hunkered down in a large meadow on the outskirts of the village of Micheldean in the beautiful Wye Valley, Gloucestershire.
Fringed by woodland and set apart from the rest of the world, the cabins are rural enough to give you both some real privacy, whilst also being close enough to the village and the rest of the Forest’s treasures to give you plenty to do together.
Not that you’ll be rushing to leave The Roost luxury glamping. Both The Nook and The Nest are as cosy and luxurious as they look. Open the thick French doors to either cabin and a supremely stylish and spacious interior spills out.
At one end, a handcrafted king-sized bed awaits you, dressed in fine Egyptian cotton linens, plump pillows and sheepskin. At the other end, there’s a gorgeous living space warmed by a crackling wood burning stove and filled with bookshelves, a table for 2 and sofa where curling up together comes as standard.
Both of these cabins in the Forest of Dean also boast a well-equipped kitchen (with a dishwasher so you don’t have to think about after-dinner chores) and a bathroom with walk-in power shower and complimentary fluffy bath robes.
When the fresh air draws you outside, there’s a covered deck for you to shelter under and a cedar ‘love’ seat with blankets and cushions for you to daydream on. That’s if you can resist the outdoor Japanese soak tub, which you can dot with tealights and sink into on an evening as the stars come out – or soak in when you get up. After all, the early bird always catches the best sun rises.
Both The Nook and The Nest also come with:
- A handmade doggy truckle bed and blanket to keep your pooch cosy, too
- A generous basket of wood and kindling
- An induction hob, a mini-oven, fridge with a small icebox and a dishwasher
- Complimentary toiletries including handmade local Mitcheldean Soap
- Your own meadow firepit with a griddle and BBQ utensils to enjoy some great outdoor cooking
- Lovely, locally made goodies and hampers available to pre-order to make your stay extra special
- A gloriously peaceful spot in Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, with views over the valley beyond