🛌 2 Cabins, sleeping 2 | ✨ From £172pn | 🐶 Dog-friendly | 🌳 Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire | 🏆 Multi Award-winning | 🌸Private Meadow Setting | 🏯 Japanese Hot tub & Love Seat | 🥐Bolt-on Food Boxes | 🌱Accredited Sustainable Stay
Why we love The Roost Forest of Dean Cabins for a weekend
“With their exceptional green credentials and enviable location alongside the stupendous Forest of Dean, The Nook and The Nest are two cedar wood cabins where lovebirds can roost all weekend, guilt-free. Soak in the Japanese hot tub, explore the woods with your dog in tow, or swing in the loveseat with a book in hand – smooth your feathers, your ideal weekend escape in the Forest of Dean has landed.”
You’ll find these two gorgeous cedar-wood glamping cabins – The Nook and The Nest – hunkered down in 2.5 acres of private meadow on the outskirts of the village of Micheldean in the beautiful Wye Valley, Gloucestershire.
Fringed by woodland and set apart from the rest of the world, the two forest cabins are rural enough to give you both some real privacy, whilst also being close enough to the village and the rest of the Forest’s treasures to give you plenty to do together.
Not that you’ll be rushing to leave The Roost luxury glamping. Both The Nook and The Nest are as cosy and luxurious as they look. Open the thick French doors to either cabin and a supremely stylish and spacious interior spills out.
At one end, a handcrafted king-sized bed awaits you, dressed in fine Egyptian cotton linens, plump pillows and sheepskin. At the other end, there’s a gorgeous living space warmed by a crackling wood burning stove and filled with bookshelves, a table for 2 and sofa where curling up together comes as standard. There’s also a large, modern bathroom with walk-in power shower and complimentary fluffy bath robes, so you won’t miss any creature comforts.
Both of these Forest of Dean cabins also boast a well-equipped bespoke kitchen (with a dishwasher so you don’t have to think about after-dinner chores) and enough to enable you to create simple meals during your stay: an induction hob, mini oven, and fridge (with a small ice box).
Lorraine Robinson, your host, has also provided ground coffee, tea, rice and porridge – aka: the basics to get you started. She also surprises you with homemade scones, fresh and ready for when you unlock your door and put down your bags.
When the fresh air draws you outside, there’s a covered deck for you to shelter under and a cedar ‘love’ seat with blankets and cushions for you to daydream on. That’s if you can resist the outdoor Japanese soak tub, which you can dot with tea lights and sink into on an evening as the stars come out – or soak in when you get up. After all, the early love bird always catches the best sun rises.
- 2 cedar wood Forest of Dean cabins: The Nook & The Nest
- From £172pn, min stay 2 nights
- Built from locally sourced and reclaimed materials
- Rated as one of the top 15 Great Cabin Getaways in the UK by The Sunday Telegraph
- Named as the Best UK Rural Tourism Business 2022
- Gold Accreditation from Visit England
- Accredited Gold by Green Tourism
- EV charging point and WiFi
- Dog-friendly: one medium-sized dog and up to two small dogs. There is a charge of £30 for one dog and £40 for two
- A handmade doggy truckle bed and blanket to keep your pooch cosy, too
- A generous basket of wood and kindling
- An induction hob, a mini-oven, fridge with a small icebox and a dishwasher
- Complimentary toiletries including handmade local Mitcheldean Soap
- Your own meadow firepit with a griddle and BBQ utensils to enjoy some great outdoor cooking
- Lovely, locally made goodies and hampers available to pre-order to make your stay extra special
- A gloriously peaceful spot in Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, with views over the valley beyond
- Lockable bike store available
- Find The Roost: ///interrupt.mergers.appetite