Luxury Glamping | Outdoor Copper Bath | Quiet & Peaceful | Friendly Village
Grace, the Shepherd’s Hut, has much to boast about. Wraparound peace and quiet. Endless countryside views. An envious spot overlooking the Grand Union Canal. And a cosy real-oak interior that keeps you snug as a bug. Oh, and there’s a roll-top copper bathtub waiting for you under the stars.
When you’re ready to let cares float away, Ewe Glamping near Braunston couldn’t be better placed. Braunston is a beautiful rural village set at the heart of the Northamptonshire waterways, where time almost stands still. It’s here, near the canal boat-bobbing waters, that you’ll find Grace: a 20-foot oak-built shepherd’s hut, who’s recently opened her doors to guests.
Set amongst the pea-green fields of Home Farm, Grace is a wonderful Northamptonshire glamping escape, perfect for two adults. She’s been lovingly refurbished by Claire and Matthew, whose family have farmed at Home Farm for generations and who are passionate about sharing this unknown corner of rural Northamptonshire with you.
Step inside Grace and you’ll find daisy-fresh white wooden walls and all the luxury modern touches you want to make your time here comfortable, cosy and memorable.
At one end, there’s a full-size double bed waiting for you, dressed in cool, crisp designer cotton and set behind thick curtains (to keep your sleep extra snug). At the other end, there’s a modern ensuite bathroom with a flushing toilet, basin and Edwardian shower. No need to slump it; hot water is in abundance here.
And in between the two, flushed with a warm farmhouse feel, is the fully-functional kitchenette, a folding corner table, a pillowy two-seater sofa and, of course, a crackling wood-burning stove. Not that staying warm is an issue: Grace the shepherd’s hut has underfloor heating, so a weekend away here all year round is possible.
When the sun shines, Grace sparkles. Open her French doors and let the light flood in. Or, should you want a morning coffee in the open air, there’s a bistro table and chairs on a small patio outside. If it’s a little chilly, don’t worry: light the fire pit and relax to the hiss and pop of the wood.
Of course, the real star of the show here at Ewe Glamping has to be the outdoor roll-top copper bath. Fill it with bubbles, pour yourself a glass of something special and step in for a long soak whilst the fairylights twinkle – and the sleepy canal boats drift by in the valley below. And don’t worry about privacy; you’re on a slope, well away from prying eyes.
- Sleeps 2 adults, only well-behaved dogs allowed
- From £125pn (low season) – £160pn (high season)
- Underfloor heating, wood-burning stove (logs and charcoal available to pre-order)
- Ensuite bathroom, fully-functioning kitchenette
- Farm-fresh breakfast and BBQ packs available on request
- All utensils, crockery, bedding and towels provided
- Outdoor fire pit and grill-arm BBQ
- In a special spot, overlooking the Grand Union Canal on a sunny south-facing slope of the valley
- Within walking distance of several great local pubs and cafes
- Great for outdoor lovers, with plenty of walks nearby
- In the friendly hamlet of Little Braunston, just a few minutes’ walk from Braunston