🐶 Dog-friendly | 🛌 Sleeps up to 5 Adults | 🚘 3 Land Rover Defenders to Hire | Min stay 3 nights |📍Northumberland
10% off using code LRWEEKEND10 | Up to 30% off Camping and Caravan sites
Why we love Overland Adventures Land Rover Defender Camping
“If you like your expeditions rugged, ready and maybe a touch regal, then look to the spectacular North with Overland Adventures. Castles, coastline, the craggy majesty of the Scottish Highlands and England’s world-famous Lake District – don’t just see it all, be part of it all, courtesy of the canny folks at Overland Adventures.”
Get behind the wheel of the iconic Land Rover Defender 100 XS – equipped with either one or two Howling Moon rooftop camping tents – and the entire North becomes your off-the-beaten track playground. From the unspoilt sandy beaches and hands-on history of Northumberland to the legendary Cairngorms landscape, this Land Rover Defender camping experience takes you into some of the world’s most beautiful settings.
Freedom and adventure come as standard – the Defender will go wherever you ask without complaint – and the copious camping equipment – all tried and tested over and over again by the team (including roof-top safari tents, foam mattresses, awning, sleeping bags and duvets, chairs, table, fridge/freezer, Primus Fire Pit/BBQ and even a hot water bottle) means nights under the stars are as snug as they are spectacular.
The rooftop tents and awning take only minutes to set up – Overland Adventures will send you how-to-videos and links to make sure you’re more than ready before the off – and rear ladders ensure a comfy bed is never more than a rung or two away.
If your party of adventurers is a little larger, you can add-on an optional large awning and a Nordisk bell tent or a dog package for your furry friends. And if you want to take to the seas on your Land Rover Defender camping travels, a kayak (plus lifejackets) is also available for hire.
The real magic of an Overland Adventure is the live-without-limits independence it affords you. But it’s not a matter of handing over the keys and leaving you to it. The Overland Adventure team have over 30 years’ experience in adventuring in the Great Outdoors and will give you all the knowledge, route guidance and technical savvy you need to enjoy a trip making memories for a lifetime.
The wonders of the North await – put yourself at their wild heart
- Price from £110 per night
- Minimum 3 nights
- Dog-friendly: your furry friend can come along too for free (you just need to hire the Dog Travel Pack for £40)
- Set up to allow you camp on a campsite or go off-grid
- The Northumberland coast is just 20 minutes away from Overland’s HQ. Scotland and the Lakes are just 1 hour away.
- Howling Moon half moon awning included as standard
- Comes with all the camping and cooking equipment you need, including a rooftop tent(s), awning, mattresses, sleeping bags, duvets, windbreaker, folding table, chairs, fridge/freezer, cooker, fire pit/BBQ and water carrier
- Land Rover Defender 110 models are all equipped with rugged 6-speed turbo diesel engine, A/C, snorkel for water hazards, Alpine Bluetooth stereo, CB radio and several USB ports and 240v adaptor
- Optional add-ons include a bike rack, solar-powered shower, kayak and lifejackets, wood-burning stove and Northumbrian hamper
- Wind and rain proof tent
- Rooftop tents sleep up to 2 adults and a child)
- Vehicle handovers (start and finish) are available on-site or from Newcastle Airport, regional train stations and North Shields Ferry Terminal