There’s a reason The Hide is called ‘the hide’. Tucked into a secluded corner of a private 3-acre garden, on an old farm, this Sussex shepherd’s hut is a neat little package of rustic luxury, for lovebirds who want time alone.
Hand-built by the owner, The Hide is a beautifully-styled and perfectly-formed romantic 2-person escape. The interior comes professionally designed by Anemone Interiors, so it’s as comfortable and five-star as a glamping hideaway should be.
At one end there’s a thick double bed to fall into each night and an elegant vintage-feel kitchenette tucked neatly into the available space, with a fridge, cupboard space, sink and hob (for your morning brew). White wooden walls keep you feeling cool in the summer heat.
Your bathroom is a few steps away in the adjacent barn – and outside your door an unspoilt lake awaits. It’s exclusively yours to use for the duration of your stay. Row across it as the sun rises in the morning or take up your fishing rod as the afternoon sets in. There’s also a resident kingfisher for you to spot as you kick back by the fire pit, glass of wine in hand.
- Set on a farm on the edge of the picturesque Sussex village of Cuckfield
- Beautiful country walks and country pubs nearby
- Exclusive use of the lake for fishing (stocked with roach and rudd)
- Only available at weekends from 4pm on a Friday – Sunday evening
- £230 for the weekend
- Bookings via Instagram or email only please