👫 Sleeps 2 | 🛌 1 Bedroom | 🚗 Parking | 🐶- Pet-friendly | Open all year
£125 per night, 2 night minimum stay
There’s a reason The Hyde is called The Hyde. Tucked into a peaceful corner of a private 3-acre garden, on a family farm, this Sussex shepherd’s hut is a neat little package of rustic luxury, for lovebirds who want time alone.
Hand-built by the owners, Natasha and her husband, Phil, The Hyde is a beautifully-styled and perfectly-formed romantic 2-person escape. You’ll find it in Cuckfield, West Sussex, on the edge of the South Downs, settled prettily at the bottom of the owner’s garden. Wrapping around you are 3 acres of beautiful Sussex greenery, with the owner’s Grade II listed home close by in case you should want for anything during your stay.
The interior of The Hyde comes professionally designed by Anemone Interiors, so it’s as comfortable and five-star as a luxury glamping hideaway should. At one end of this luxury shepherd’s hut, sitting amongst the calming colour palette of greys, blues and whites, there’s a thick double bed to fall into, thick with crisp linen and throws. There’s also a small table for two (that looks out over the lake).
Alongside your sleeping space is an elegant vintage-feel kitchenette, slotted neatly against the white wooden walls, with a fridge, cupboard space, sink and hob (for your morning brew). In the corner, a little wood burner crackles away, to keep you cosy in the winter.
Your bathroom is a few steps away from the shepherd’s hut in the adjacent barn – and outside your door is a small seating area and firepit overlooking an unspoilt lake.
The lake at The Hyde, Cuckfield, is exclusively yours to use for the duration of your stay. Row across it as the sun rises in the morning or take up your fishing rod as the afternoon sets in – if you want to learn more about fishing, the owner’s son will happily show you what to do. There’s also a resident kingfisher for you to spot as you kick back by the fire pit, glass of wine in hand.
- Luxury shepherd’s hut set on the owner’s family farm on the edge of the picturesque Sussex village of Cuckfield
- Fully insulated and comes with a wood-burning stove, so its suitable all year long
- Double bed with lined bedsheets and throws
- Kitchenette with a sink, fridge and hob. Crockery and cutlery are all provided
- There’s a modern shower room and toilet a few seconds away in the nearby barn
- Electricity and Wifi available
- Beautiful country walks and country pubs within walking distance
- The bright lights of Brighton are only a 30min drive away
- Exclusive use of the lake for fishing (stocked with Roach and Rudd); swimming isn’t allowed
- Available at weekends and for midweek breaks
- £125pn (with a £25 cleaning fee)
- Well behaved dogs welcome (the owner also has friendly dogs that may drop by to say hello
- Because The Hyde is set on the family’s farm, you may hear the family coming and going in the distance