🛌 Sleeps 4 | 🏙 15 mins from city centre | ⭐️ 5 star reviews | 🐶 Dog-friendly | 🥂 Great for two couples |📍Manchester
Why we love Church Mews for a weekend
Close enough to the buzz of Manchester so you can hop in and out of the big city quickly, but set back in one of its most popular ‘villages’ where there’s a community vibe and a trendy roster of independent bars and restaurants.
With its red-brick Victorian coat, plush interiors and central spot in trendy Prestwich, Church Mews Airbnb gives you a city break base that’s easy and effortless. Park right outside in a private space, head into the ground-floor duplex, turn the key and boom: your Manchester weekend away has started.
This recently reimagined apartment is packed with character and personal touches that reflect the dual-heritage of the owner. Inside, Chinese art and oriental accessories sit alongside modern appliances and vintage furniture making both levels of this duplex feel lovingly thought-out and homely.
Downstairs you can curl up on the huge petrol-blue velvet sofas (one of which is a super-comfy double bed) and lose yourself to free Netflix streaming, which comes with the owner’s compliments. The kitchen is set just behind the living space where you’ll find welcome treats when you arrive with the owner’s compliments.
The kitchen comes stocked up for no-sweat self-catering (electric oven, microwave, slow cooker, fridge-freezer, Nespresso, cutlery and crockery, washer/dryer) and to eat, there’s a comfortable dining table and four chairs to sit around. Alternatively, if you don’t want to cook, you’ve bars, cafes, take aways and restaurants on your doorstep in Prestwich village, so you won’t go hungry.
Climb the spiral staircase to the first floor where you’ll find a large bedroom. In it sits a show-stopping ‘And So To Bed’ superking sleigh bed, dressed in luxury linens, a Narnia-sized antique wardrobe and smart TV. A few steps away is the family-sized vintage-style bathroom, complete with a bath tub and over-the-bath drench shower, complimentary toiletries, and fresh towels.
When it’s time to head out, Prestwich Metrolink tram stop is just a 2-minute walk away, which will take you directly into the city centre. Jump off at Victoria Station for easy access to all the restaurants and shops, (helloooo Harvey Nichols and Selfridges). If you’re new to Manchester, the Airbnb Superhosts, Matt and Steph, will happily give you personal recommendations of things to do in the city (and can even help you buy tickets to Manchester United or Manchester City games, if footy floats your boat). Trust us, you’ll feel like a Mancunian in no time!
- Red-brick duplex Airbnb apartment, built in 1910, in trendy Prestwich (named by The Sunday Times as one of the best places to live in the UK)
- From £100pn, 2 nights minimum
- Sleeps up to 4 (there’s a superking bed upstairs and a double sofa bed downstairs)
- Great for pairs of friends or couples who want a city break together
- Private parking on site, self-check with lockbox
- Small well-behaved dogs allowed
- 15 minutes to the city centre, 5 mins to the M62
- Walking distance to Heaton Park – one of Europe’s biggest
- Fast, reliable WiFi so very handy if you need a ‘workcation’ base close Manchester centre
- Families welcome with a travel cot provided for babies
- Bag drop-off available from 11:30am
- Free specially-curated Welcome Guide to Manchester