🛌- King-sized bed | 💑 Sleeps 2 adults | 👙. Hot Tub | 🌊 Near the sea
Maybe it’ll be the wood-fired hot tub, gently steaming away when you arrive. Perhaps it’ll be the infinite greens and blues of the Cornish countryside. Or maybe it’ll just be the shepherd’s hut with its soft coastal beauty. Whatever it is, as soon as you arrive at this special romantic getaway in Cornwall, your heart will know: something wonderful is about to happen.
Daisy Park Shepherd’s Hut has all the right ingredients for a glamping escape near Looe that’ll sweep you off your feet. First, it has an enviable location slotted into bean-green private land on a family farm in the Cornish countryside. Running up to its door are a neat row of paving stones, whilst at its feet is an immaculate garden and a large wildlife pond, with friendly ducks who often wander over to say ‘hello’.
Escape here and you’re away from the hub-bub of Cornwall’s holidaying crowds yet still only a hop, skip and jump away from its famous coastline and beaches: Millendreath Beach is just 6 min’s drive away, whilst the beaches of Looe and Seaton are only a couple of minutes more.
Of course, location is nothing without comfort. But fear not, Daisy Park Shepherd’s Hut is utterly heavenly inside. The owner, Janice, has spared no expense to bring you boutique comforts that are usually the preserve of top hotels. Indeed, open the French doors to the hut’s 22-foot living, dining and sleeping space and it’s hard to believe you’re glamping.
The inside of this Looe glamping gem is awash with calming coastal colours. In the living area, you’ll find a beautiful sky-blue velvet sofa, fat with cushions, sitting opposite the wood-burning stove – it’s the sort of sofa you drool over in interiors magazines. In the bedroom, tucked neatly between pale-blue cupboards, is a plump white king-sized bed fit for royalty and perfect for couples. It gazes out through handmade windows and spills stars onto your pillows as you sleep.
High standards continue as you slip into the bijou farmhouse kitchen. As you’d expect, there’s everything you need to cook-up a romantic breakfast, lunch or dinner for two, including a hob, oven and plenty of crockery, cutlery and utensils. Janice even leaves farm-fresh eggs, milk, local honey, bread and a few luxury treats for you before you arrive.
The en-suite bathroom is a fresh, contemporary space decorated with hand-chosen Moroccan tiles and finished with a large waterfall shower. For a final luxury flourish, there are two fluffy white robes emblazoned with ‘DPH’ hanging on the door. Wrap yourself up in one, pour a glass of something fizzy and then make your way to the wood-burning hot tub.
Fortunately, your host is one of the kindest you could wish for and has already lit the tub. It’ll be steaming warm for you; all you have to do is climb in and chill out, smug in the knowledge that you’ve good times ahead in this: one of the very best romantic glamping escapes in Cornwall.
- Handcrafted 22-foot shepherd’s hut for the perfect Cornish romantic getaway
- Owned and managed by Janice, an amazing, friendly host who’s on-hand to give recommendations
- In a private, rural location 10 mins’ drive from the coastal town of Looe
- Wonderful base to explore the rest of Cornwall countryside and its fabulous seaside towns and village
- Wood-fired hot tub with views over the Cornish countryside
- Plenty of free parking on-site
- Glamping in Looe that’s open all-year round
- Fridge stocked with goodies when you arrive, including local bread, milk and eggs
- Complimentary logs for the fire and hot tub
- Modern comforts including a smart TV, WiFi, a waterfall shower, local toiletries, under-floor heating
- Adults-only and pets no allowed
- Minimum stay 2 nights low season; 3 nights high season
- From £170 – £225pn