❤️ Bespoke Devon workshop for couples | 📍 Ethical, independent jewellery | 🛌 Boho glamping available
Why we love it for a weekend
Create your own unique wedding rings guided by ethical jewellery designer, Yumé, in her friendly South Devon studio. Afterwards, head back to Yumé’s boho glamping site, for an evening of fireside cuddles and stars.
What could be more special than making your own wedding rings? It’s a wonderful way to celebrate your love for one another. And we are big fans of this wedding ring workshop held within the lovely independent South Devon studios of Yumé Jewellery. You and your beau will have exclusive use of the workshop with the creative talents of owner Yumé on hand to help you handcraft two precious, completely unique, gold rings.
Prior to the workshop, you’ll discuss the style of the rings you’d like to make with Yumé and what materials you’d like to use – this can be done remotely if you are not able to come to the studio. During this consultation, she’ll book in your workshop session. When you arrive in the morning, you’ll first practise making your wedding rings by creating a simple sterling silver band, so you can get a feel for the tools and techniques.
You’ll then break for lunch, heading out into Ashburton town to try one of the delicious eateries nearby. With full bellies, you’ll return to Yumé Jewellery for the afternoon where you’ll put your new skills to work heating, shaping, hammering, soldering and finishing your gold wedding bands. At every step of the process, Yumé is on hand to offer support, guidance and encouragement to help your creativity flourish.
Once you’re done making your wedding rings, there’ll be a glass of fizz waiting for you so you can toast your new creations. It’s definitely worth making a weekend of it by also booking into Kushti Camping nearby. This South Devon glamping site is owned and run by Yumé and her husband, Matt, and comprises of two vintage and beautifully transformed vehicles to stay in: a Mercedes Eagle Camper and an Airstream Safari Trailer. It is a perfect love nest for you both to fly off to after your workshop.
- Yumé Martin is the creative brainchild behind Yumé Jewellery. She’s a qualified jewllery designer with a recognisable style focused on nature and contemporary designs with simple lines
- Every piece of jewellery is handcrafted and ethically sourced using either 100% recycled silver from a Fairtrade refiner in the UK or Single Mine Origin (SMO) gold. The gemstones and diamonds are sourced from Fairtrade mines
- The cost of the workshop does not include materials; the price for these will be dependant on what materials you decide to use during your consultation
- The Make Your Own Wedding Rings Workshop runs from 11am – 4pm at Yumé’s Ashburton studio in South Devon
- Bolt-on stays at Kushti Camping start from £90pn