🛌 Sleeps 2 adults | 🌳 Incredible stay-spa property | 🧖♀️ Heated infinity pool and glass sauna | 📺 As seen on TV |📍 Lee, Devon | 🥂 Ideal for romantic weekends | From £650pn (2 night minimum stay) | ⚡️ NB: Wildwood Spa Devon is fully booked until 2025 (but you can join the waiting list for last minute slots)
Why we love Wildwood Spa for a weekend
“Glance quickly at Wildwood Spa and you’d be forgiven for thinking this spa-stay hybrid is in Bali. But look again. Those ferns and trees are not tropical jungle plants, they are Devon through and through. Because Wildwood Spa is a unique escape that’s not thousands of miles away. It’s tucked into a lush valley on the North Devon coast – easier to reach, but a long-haul holiday for your mind and body nevertheless.”
Sometimes it’s all too much. The kids, the dogs, the in-laws – whatever the responsibilities, we all deserve to get away once in a while for an adults-only weekend of pampering and relaxation. With all the offerings of a luxury spa in the privacy of your own home away from home, Wildwood Spa is the perfect place to hide out and unwind.
Built into the side of a valley, overlooking a natural pond and crystal clear stream, Wildwood Spa is a stylish and sustainable stay with a Bali-esque vibes: an infinity pool, a hot outdoor shower, a cedar sauna, an open fireplace. If ever there was a place for you to come, disconnect and recharge, this is it.
There’s no point in understating it: Wildwood Spa in Devon is absolutely stunning. The architecture is eye-widening and unique comprised of two cuboid timber spaces and inspired by Nordic minimalism and Japanese Shou-Sugi-Ban cladding design. In one cube there’s a well-equipped kitchen and living area. In the other, there’s a bedroom and bathroom. And, sandwiched in-between, your personal infinity pool with hydrotherapy pool loungers awaits. Just wow.
The bedroom comes with a delicious king-sized four-poster bed dressed in Egyptian cotton. There’s a projector for TV and film nights and a solid stone freestanding bath waiting for a lazy soak in complimentary Bramley bubble bath. You’ll also find a walk-in drench shower in the en-suite and Egyptian cotton towels and bathrobes, complimentary slippers, and more eco-conscious Bramley toiletries. From this bathroom you can walk outdoors to outdoor woodland waterfall shower if you prefer to feel the air on your skin.
The living area is simple and pared down, taking a leaf out of Nordic thinking. It features a suspended fire and cosy sofas, alongside games and books, and a sleek kitchenette with facilities to self-cater: an oven, hob, kettle and toaster, a Nespresso coffee machine and a fridge/freezer. A selection of complimentary staples is provided, alongside WiFi, logs, kindling and firelighters, torches, umbrellas, an iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer.
Outside is also show stopping. On the top deck there’s a snug undercover seating area, with an open log fireplace, suspended seat, MORSØ cast iron gas barbecue, sun loungers and an outdoor dining table. Added to that is a cedar-and-glass sauna, ideal for lovebirds.
Every element of Wildwood Spa in Devon has been carefully thought out, from the living roofs and polished concrete floors with underfloor heating to the vertical louvres running across the floor-to-ceiling windows. Added to that is the abundance of plants and foliage, helping to immerse your entire being in Devon’s natural beauty.
In short, it deserves its popularity and is definitely a weekend away that’s worth the wait.
- Adults-only spa-stay retreat set in 12 acres of private woodland on the stunning North Devon coast
- Sleeps 2 adults in a king-sized bed
- Architecturally unique, made up of two cuboid living spaces with living sedum roofs built around a heated infinity pool
- Built from natural materials such as timber and stone, with a dry stone wall feature
- Self-contained facilities for a self-care break you won’t forget, including indoor/outdoor showers, a freestanding stone bath, a cedar-and-glass sauna, heated infinity pool with hydrotherapy pool loungers
- Plenty of outdoor space to dine and relax thanks to a large upper deck with an undercover seating area, complete with an open log fireplace and MORSØ cast iron gas barbecue
- Bolt-on private dining with private chef company Coastal Cooks, as well as the option to book aromatherapy, reflexology or a massage from specialist local suppliers
- Amenities are in walking distance, including a pub with a seasonal menu. Woolacombe beach is ideal for surfers, and there are plenty of independent shops in nearby Ilfracombe
- Check in from 3pm, check out by 10am
- Sadly, dogs are not allowed for safety reasons, but can stay at Ravendere Treehouse on site