🛌 Sleeps 2 adults | 🌳 Bespoke-crafted treehouse | 🐶 Dog-friendly | ⛱️ Woolacombe beach nearby |📍 Lee, Devon | 👙 Hot tub & sauna | 🥂 Ideal for romantic weekends | 👀 Take a Virtual Tour | From £467pn (2 night minimum stay)
Why we love The Ravendere Retreats Treehouse for a weekend
“This soaring, two-storey Devon treehouse is proof that treehouse glamping is now all grown-up. The enviously luxe interiors, private spa facilities and exquisitely sheltered spot are not the stuff of childhood. They are adult-only rewards for those of us who need a weekend free of being labelled mum or dad.”
Running away as an adult is absolutely allowed. Especially if you’re heading for The Treehouse at Ravendere Retreats. You’ll find this incredible adults-only treehouse in 12 acres of woodland on the North Devon coast, a couple of miles from Ilfracombe. And, with it, you’ll find the freedom to forget the many roles and hats you wear in your everyday life.
The Treehouse has been handcrafted with the utmost skill. Take the cedar-clad roof, for instance. You won’t be sleeping under any old ordinary roof here; no, you deserve better than that. You’ll be sleeping under a roof that’s been hand-treated using a Japanese method called Shou-Sugi-Ban, which uses fire to enhance the wood grain and protect it (and you) from the elements.
All of the rooms inside The Treehouse have, likewise, been very carefully considered. You’ll find inventively upcycled and repurposed fixtures and furnishings that add a unique design flair to the spaces. The feature wall in the living room behind the wood-burning stove has been crafted from vintage red wine barrel staves. Whilst the bookcase and windowsills are made from reclaimed flooring from a brick factory in Kentucky, USA.
Step into the neat and pretty kitchenette and you’ll find a lovingly-restored 1800’s oak sideboard for you to work your culinary magic upon. There’s a dining table for two here also, set in front of a large rectangular window so you can eat and feast on the forest at the same time.
Your kitchen essentials – kettle, fridge and Nespresso coffee machine – are provided. And there’s a small oven built into the wood-burning stove for you to cook in.
When you head upstairs, you don’t climb an ordinary staircase. The bannister is a ‘living’ frame made from branches collected from the surrounding woodland. Upstairs, the exquisite detail continues. The gorgeous hexagonal bedroom features an irresistible king-size bed with a showpiece headboard and a roll-top bath next to yet another picture window. There’s also a beautiful separate bathroom with walk-in waterfall shower, luxury sustainable toiletries, Egyptian cotton towels, bathrobes and bed linen.
Outside the ‘wow’ is all around you. The Treehouse nests under a canopy provided by a quartet of mature beech trees; the best way to enjoy it is by sitting in one of the leather lounge chairs on the large outside terrace. If the sounds and sensations don’t tingling the hairs on the back of your neck, nothing will.
Should you want to eat on the deck, do so: there’s a wood-fired pizza oven and gas barbecue for you to cook on. Should you want to further gilt your stay, head around the side of the treehouse to the private spa area. What will it be first? A soak in the hot tub? A stint in the sauna? Or a plunge in the cold water shower? If only all grow-up decisions were as joyful and easy as this.
“Absolutely incredible in every way. Every detail was thought about it, so we wanted for nothing. Perfect weekend away if you’re looking for luxury and nature.”
See More TripAdvisor Reviews
- The Treehouse is an adults-only Devon treehouse brought to you by Ravendere Retreats
- Sleeps two adults in a king-sized bed; plus, two well-behaved dogs are allowed
- Set in twelve acres of ancient woodland on the North Devon coast
- The modern and eclectic interiors have been beautifully styled by Wayfair
- Completely self-contained treehouse for your Devon holiday, with a private bathroom, pizza oven, barbecue, hot tub and sauna
- Kitchen essentials, linen, towels and toiletries are all included
- You may also like The Hideaway Treehouse (sleeping 2), The Loft Treehouse (sleeping 2), The Den Treehouse (family-friendly sleeping 4)
- 2 x handmade wooden belly boards for you to use in the sea
- Also on site is Wildwood Spa, a natural spa retreat for two with private hydrotherapy pool
- No candles or campfires allowed because of the woodland location
- Ilfracombe and Woolacombe are easily accessible from The Treehouse
- Within a 10-minute walk of the local pub, The Grampus
- The dog-friendly beach at Lee Bay is just 15 minutes away
- Further afield, there is loads to do. Including many Devon villages to explore, fine dining options and local activities such as swimming with sea lions, abseiling, paddle boarding, coasteering, and hiking