🛌 Sleeps 2 adults | 🌳 Bespoke-crafted treehouse | 🐶 Dog-friendly | ⛱️ 5 mins from Britain’s best beach |📍 Braunton, Devon | 👙 Hot tub | 🍃 Gold Green tourism award | 🥂 Ideal for romantic weekends | 👀 Take a Virtual Tour | 💚 Profits go to The Pickwell Foundation | From £280pn (2 night minimum stay)
Why we love The Hideaway Treehouse in Devon for a weekend
“Beautifully curved from sustainable local timber and standing pod-like amongst native trees, The Hideaway is no mere treehouse. It’s a cocoon, a bubble – better still – a shell. A shell that keeps you safe from fractious modern life for a few blissful days. Here, curling up and listening to the sound of the ocean nearby is the only right thing to do. Until you emerge, refreshed, renewed and ready to take on the world again.”
You’ll find The Hideaway Treehouse rooted amongst the Devonshire countryside, with the stunning North Devon coast a mere half-mile away. It’s one of three handcrafted timber treehouses set in the grounds and garden of beautiful Pickwell Manor (a Grade II-listed 10th-century manor with a fabulous history).
Climb up to this Devon treehouse and the world you know drops away; ocean sounds, birdsong and a stillness to your thoughts takes its place. Step inside and you’ll find a light and bright open-plan haven for two with curved timbered beams and unique thick-wood furniture.
Every inch has been handcrafted from larch and pine using sustainable trees indigenous to this country. The hues are light in shade, the textures natural to reflect the beauty outside, and the effect is simply stunning. Best of all, thanks to the glass-front of The Hideaway, the woodland virtually pours in through the windows filling your mornings with juicy Devon greens.
In the bedroom, there’s a king-sized bed where you can lie back with a gorgeous vista of the rolling Devonshire hills. There’s also a full-length wardrobe with mirror, a proper kitchen to cook in, a modern en-suite shower room, and a living area with wood burner and dining table. Meal for two? Don’t mind if we do.
Added to that is the wooden deck outside with comfy furniture so you can sit out with your morning coffee watching the wildlife come and go. Should you want to add bubbles to your stay, make your way to the second terrace where you’ll find a hot tub. Slip in, kick back and let the warmth recharge your batteries.
“Everything is perfect, the jaccuzzi came freshly filled and heated up, the kitchen is well equipped – even with a dishwasher! The sofa is super cosy and the bed very comfortable with beautiful views through all the windows into the trees. You can even see the sea from the front deck.”
See More TripAdvisor Reviews
- The Hideaway Treehouse sleeps 2 adults in a king-sized bed
- It has been hand built from local timbers using traditional craftsmanship
- The treehouse has a bespoke, curved design with two stunning woodland terraces
- The interiors are decked out with a natural luxury so you’ll be cosy and comfy whatever time of year it is
- All the heat and light comes from Pickwell Manor’s own solar panels and the water is from the natural spring
- Find the treehouse nested in the grounds of Pickwell Manor, a Grade II-listed mansion with views of the ocean
- You may also like Pickwell Manor’s other treehouses: The Loft (sleeping 2) and The Den (family-friendly sleeping 4)
- The manor has six acres of glorious private gardens and grounds for you to enjoy, along with a tennis court and pigs, goats and chickens
- Welcome hamper provided with prosecco, crisps, biscuits and chocolate
- Dog friendly for one dog at £15 per night/capped at £45
- There’s an enclosed terrace for your dog to be free and off the lead
- Self-catering stay with a small fridge with freezer in top compartment and two–ring hob and a double oven
- Linen and towels are included (please bring your own beach towels)
- Access to washing machines, tumble dryer and washing lines
- Private balcony area with hot tub, outside furniture and BBQ
- 2 x handmade wooden belly boards for you to use in the sea
- The owners and their families live on-site. The grounds are shared with them and 10 holiday apartments
- Putsborough beach is just a 20-minute walk away
- Further afield, there is loads to do. Including many Devon villages to explore, fine dining options and local activities such as swimming with sea lions, abseiling, paddle boarding, coasteering, and hiking