🛌 Sleeps 2 adults | 🌳 Bespoke-crafted treehouse | 🐶 Dog-friendly | ⛱️ 5 mins from Britain’s best beach |📍 Braunton, Devon | 👙 Hot tub | 🍃 Gold Green tourism award | 🥂 Ideal for romantic weekends | 👀 Take a Virtual Tour | 💚 Profits go to The Pickwell Foundation | From £280pn (2 night minimum stay)
Why we love The Loft Treehouse in Devon for a weekend
“From your pillow you can see the Atlantic Ocean tumble against the beautiful North Devon coast. Step onto your private balcony and you can watch further, as the surf splashes Baggy Point rocks below. Yes, this exquisite timber treehouse not only brings you the greens of the woods to reset your wellbeing, but also the blues of the sea to cast tiredness and stresses adrift. Simply climb in.”
Set only half a mile from the sea and handcrafted from sustainable local timber, The Loft Treehouse is impressive in both build and location. It is one of three uniquely-designed treehouses on the beautiful Pickwell Manor estate – a Grade II-listed manor steeped in historical significance and standing in six-acres of grounds and gardens.
You’ll find The Loft standing confidently amongst the mighty pines of the West Wood at Pickwell Manor. To reach the treehouse is, in itself, a wonderful mini-adventure itself. Pile up a wheelbarrow with your kit and head into the bird dappled woods, following the path until the steps to The Loft appear and you look up to see your home for the weekend in all its show-stopping glory.
Surely something this sweet on the outside must be good on the inside, right? Wrong: it’s better than good. Inside, this Devon treehouse is an open-plan haven of warm handcrafted oak and walnut. Small enough to be cosy but large enough to feel naughty and indulgent; you’re going to love it.
Alongside thoughtful touches (such as the teapot kettle to make your tea in, small plants to bond you with nature, and an excellent bluetooth radio speaker to soundtrack your memories), there’s a luxurious king-sized bed, a proper kitchen to cook in and a living area with wood burner and leather sofa for fire-lit nights in. There’s also a spacious, modern en-suite bathroom with a delightful drench shower.
Head outside and the Loft opens out onto a large seated balcony with views down to the sea. There are benches built under the eaves of the treehouse; just the spot for relaxing on whilst the surf breaks below.
If that’s not enough temptation to see you rush to this Devon treehouse, it also boasts a corner hot tub on a separate elevated wooden terrace, so you can pour yourself something chilled and slink in as the stars pin-prick the dark North Devon night sky.
“I can not recommend this place more highly! We stayed in The Loft treehouse. It was just stunning. Everything was thought of. It was cosy, relaxing, beautiful…. the view is stunning! The location is also perfect – just a few minutes in the car to the most awesome beaches. We will certainly be returning!”
See More TripAdvisor Reviews
- The Loft Treehouse sleeps 2 adults in a king-sized bed
- It has been hand built from local timbers using traditional craftsmanship
- The treehouse has a bespoke, curved design with two stunning woodland terraces
- The interiors are decked out with a natural luxury so you’ll be cosy and comfy whatever time of year it is
- All the heat and light comes from Pickwell Manor’s own solar panels and the water is from the natural spring
- Find the treehouse nested in the grounds of Pickwell Manor, a Grade II-listed mansion with views of the ocean
- You may also like Pickwell Manor’s other treehouses: The Hideaway (sleeping 2) and The Den (family-friendly sleeping 4)
- The manor has six acres of glorious private gardens and grounds for you to enjoy, along with a tennis court and pigs, goats and chickens
- Welcome hamper provided with prosecco, crisps, biscuits and chocolate
- Dog friendly for one dog at £15 per night/capped at £45
- There’s an enclosed terrace for your dog to be free and off the lead
- Self-catering stay with a small fridge with freezer in top compartment and two–ring hob and a double oven
- Linen and towels are included (please bring your own beach towels)
- Access to washing machines, tumble dryer and washing lines
- Private balcony area with hot tub, outside furniture and BBQ
- 2 x handmade wooden belly boards for you to use in the sea
- The owners and their families live on-site. The grounds are shared with them and 10 holiday apartments
- Putsborough beach is just a 20-minute walk away
- Further afield, there is loads to do. Including many Devon villages to explore, fine dining options and local activities such as swimming with sea lions, abseiling, paddle boarding, coasteering, and hiking