🥂 2-bedroomed Malvern cottage | 🛌 Sleeping up to 4 | 🌳 Secluded Woodland Location | ⏰ Open All Year | 🐶 Dog-Friendly | 👙 Wood-fired hot tub
*Book with Weekend Candy and receive a pizza and breakfast hamper upgrade!* Quote WCElsie
Why we love Elsie’s Cottage for a weekend
There are rural getaways, and then there’s Elsie’s Cottage. Hidden on a hillside within the rolling woodland of the Malverns, this is a weekend home that will seduce you with its seclusion and romance you with its rustic charm.
Crafted from Malvern stone and replete with bare oak rafters, this holiday cottage truly does capture the spirit of the surrounding landscape inside its solid and safe walls. With garden views across a wooded valley and a wood-burning hot tub, it’s the perfect base for daytime adventures and evening-long relaxation.
The one thing you won’t escape at Elsie’s Cottage is luxury. Alongside limestone flooring and copper finishing throughout, a rainfall shower and iron roll-top bath mean this is private holidaying with a distinctly plush feel.
Bedrooms – the sleeping accommodation in Elsie’s Cottage is very much a case of upstairs, downstairs. Upstairs is an oak-framed room, boasting chandeliers, majestic king-sized bed and leather-bound books doubling as bedside tables.
Downstairs, you access a garden bedroom from the hallway, with French doors allowing sunlight to flood in from the terrace, and bedding that can be arranged in either twin or king-sized configurations.
Bathroom – the bathroom in this Malvern cottage is one of the treasures within a hidden treasure. Stone flooring sets the scene, warming the heart as well as the feet, providing a platform for both a large, walk-in rainfall shower and roll-top bath. Reclaimed Verdigris copper panels, bronze taps, vintage sink and oak beams tell you this is a shrine to sumptuous self-care.
Kitchen diner – old meets new in the rustic country kitchen. Again, underfloor heating keeps proceedings cosy and comfortable, which those opulent touches of high-class fixtures and fittings – the worktops are all marble – lending an air of sophistication. In terms of equipment, it’s all business – a large retro fridge freezer, dishwasher, electric hob and cooker, Denby crockery and all the utensils you could need make cooking as practical as it is pleasurable.
And it’s not all work – benches and velvet-backed dining chairs mean this is a lovely spot for a coffee, quick snack or more substantial family meal.
Lounge – step into the lounge and it’s impossible to miss the huge inglenook fireplace. Two comfy sofas are ready to wrap their arms around you as you warm yourself by the fire, with books, games and a TV providing yet more entertainment (if you REALLY must stay connected to the outside world, of course).
The terrace and hot tub – An oasis of calm in the Malvern hillside, the terrace gives you unbeatable views across the wooded valley. A charcoal BBQ, fire pit and pizza oven mean every al-fresco dining delight is available to you, with sail and festoon lights providing an atmospheric canopy as you sit and watch the sun go down.
As a fabulous final flourish, you can enjoy a spell in the secluded wood-fired cottage hot tub, with privacy guaranteed by a ring of oak sleepers.
Garden – the terraced garden at Elsie’s Cottage, Malvern, is wild and wonderful, cascading down the hillside from a lawned area at its upper reaches. Surrounded by colossal Scots Pines, and offering the most incredible views, you’ll lose hours exploring its many hidden nooks and crannies.
- Weekend breaks from £616 – £792 (Friday – Monday)
- Part of the Secret Bolthole collection, this Malvern cottage with hot tub has been created lovingly by its owners to celebrate the uniqueness and authenticity of the location
- Elsie’s Cottage is an escape from the outside world, but it’s far from disconnected – there are glorious walks from your front gate into the heart of the Malverns, as well as the opportunity to canoe the Wye or Avon or try paddleboarding
- You’re in the heart of cider country, as well as surrounded by the glorious Malverns – inspiration for C.S. Lewis’s Narnia, Tolkien’s The Hobbit and Elgar’s Enigma Variations
- If gardens are your thing, you can explore Eastnor Castle, Croome and Heelens, while you’re no more than half an hour from Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham if you’re looking for a spot of town life
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome
- Welcome hamper includes two pints of milk, fruit juice, sourdough bread, local crisps, eggs, cream tea, tea, ground coffee, sugar, bottle of wine or bubbly, plus cooking essentials such as olive oil, herbs, salt pepper
- Breakfast and food hampers available:
- Pizza hamper – sourdough balls, pizza sauce, mozzarella
- BBQ – local sausages, burgers, lamb, chicken, steak, brioche buns
- Breakfast; bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, eggs
- Pastries – to bake from frozen – pain au chocolat, pain aux raison, croissant
- Firepit, BBQ and pizza oven all available for you to enjoy
- WiFi available
- Linen, towels, toiletries, wood and kindling provided
- Parking on gravel drive